Tuesday, April 29, 2014

"Alright another week has come and gone. Oh, and I'm also district leader now."




Alright another week has come and gone. Last week were transfers and I found out that I will stay here and work with my companion Elder Bingham!!! Yayy he is awesome. This week has gone by really kinda slow. We are looking everyday for people who will accept the gospel but arent finding a ton. Cristian has pretty much gone off the map. he is having some problems with drinking and he never makes it to the appointments that we set so that is pretty sad. We have be doing a lot of contacting this week as usual and have been getting rejected a lot. But Elder Bingham and I do a really good job staying ina positive and enthusiastic mood. The Catholic and Evangelical churches are both really strong here. Its funny because everybody is either catholic or evangelical and when we tell them that we are from the church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints they think that means we are Jehova´s Witnesses. So we always have to clearify that we are not Jehova´s Witnesses. This week we found a 17 year old boy named Daniel. He is way awesome. He came to church with us on Sunday and said he really liked it. His whole family is super evangelical and the last lesson we had with him his uncle came in and just started preaching to us. Luckily I was able to apply what our President has taught us and take control of the situation. The same thing has happened in the past and we just end up getting preacking to for like 30 minutes and we leave with our self esteem in the dirt. NOT THIS TIME. I took control and told him that we were there to share a message with Daniel and that if he wanted to listen and participate he was more than welcome. He was very persistent so I decided to end the lesson early and make another appointment. I felt good using the authority I have been given to teach the restored gospel to God´s children and not waste the Lord´s time arguing with somebody who just wants to prove you wrong. 
Oh I am also district leader now. Tomorrow I am going to go on divisions with an Elder in his area about an hour out of Corrientes in a place called Itati. It is probably one of the hardest areas (if not the hardest in the mission). But I am super excited to be able to work as a leader and to my very best to help other missionaries reach their potential. I know this will be a great learning experience for me. 
Oh I also gave a talk on Sunday and I think It went pretty well. I spoke on the importance of Reading the scriptures and praying everyday in order to recieve a true testimony of the Restored gospel. I am grateful for my parents and how they taught me to read and pray every day. I can honestly say that keeping these two COMMANDMENTS of the Lord are the fundamentals and that our testimonies of the gospel will grow tremendously if we keep them. 
I am grateful for all of you and all your love and Support.
OH AND BY THE WAY!!!!!!...This mission cannot recieve any more packages from outside south america so DONT SEND ME ANY MORE PACKAGES becuase if you do the people in customs will enjoy everything you send.
CHOW CHOW!!


Elder Anderson (JOe)

No comments:

Post a Comment