Monday, April 7, 2014

Joe Eats At McDonald's In Spanish



Wow I love conference now. Its just soooo much different when your on your mission I think. I was looking forward to it so much and when it finally came I was happy as can be. We had a ton of people that we invited. Well we printed out like 100 or something invitations and just spent the entire week handing them out to everyone but we had about five investigators who said for sure they were going to come. But in the end a couple of them werent able to make it because of other things they had to do, some of them just werent there went we passed by their house to pick them up, and Jose was sick...so we didnt have any inestigators come to General conference.
At conference they had a small room where all the gringo missionaries could go to watch in english But I decided to watch all five sessions in spanish. I just figured I am going to watch general conference over 100 times in my life. Why not make three of them in spanish? Well I was the only gringo to watch conference in spanish but I liked it because I understood almost everything and I got to really put myself in the shoes of all the other members around the world who dont speak english and watch general conference. I actually sat next to an investigator of some other missionaries and he wsa really curious about everything. So I got to talk to him and explain to him everything. He even asked me to translate one of the songs that Tab Choir sang, That was the first time I had really done anything like that and it was really cool to see how my spanish has progressed. I thank the Lord sooo much for the gift of tongues I have recieved while being on my mission. I know I still have a long way to go before I am a complete latino but I could not have made this much progress without the help of the Lord. 
One of my favorite talks was the one President Monson gave about have true valor and being the same person no matter where you are, what you are doing, or who you are with. This is probably one of the best attributes a person can have and I know that the Lord Expects it from us. I also loved the talk that Elder Ballard gave about standing up for the church and its beliefs. 
Well I´m almost out of time but me and my companion are still working hard liek always. ¡And...we treating ourselves to McDonald´s today! Yeah there is a Mcdonald´s not too far away from our area in a shopping mall. It is the first thing I have done/seen/eaten/ that has reminded me of home since I have been in Argentina. It was pretty dang sweet, a really nice moral booster. I will send some pictures too!!!!!
Thanks everyone for all that you do for me!! Chow Chow

Love Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment