Monday, April 7, 2014

Jacob Watches Conference in Portuguese!

General Conference was like a vacation with the opportunity to do a lot of work!! You have the chance to carry investigators 4 times instead of 1. I dont think that me and my companion really took advantage of this as much as we could have. I watched all of Saturday in Portuguese. It was really cool to see how much i understood and really disappointing to see how much i still dont understand. Sunday i watched all of it in English, sunday is when they show priesthood conf as well. Conference all around was really good. I learned a lot.
This is the first time that I went to General Conf looking for answers for things in my life. Principally how can i be a better mission... I may have missed it but I didnt hear a single talk directed for missionaries... I did hear over and over again the importance of missionary work and it directed towards all members of the church. It made me think about a Chess. If you have ever played chess you know that your most powerful piece is the queen... When only try to use your queen to win this is very ineffective. But when you use all of the pieces particularly the pawns, which you have the most of, you game of chess becomes a lot more effective. The secret to missionary work is members. The Restoration is happening. Ask you self if you sleeping through it or Are you doing your part?  All is not well in Zion. We have billions of living brothers and sisters who have not had the chance to partake of the fruits of the gospel. This was simply put in general conference. Is the gospel your highest priority? If it is and you truly love your God and Savior, Jesus Christ. You would be doing everything that you can share this with those around you.
Russell M Ballard every single member the challenge of having sitting down with a friend and the missionary's at least (minimum) once a quarter. Pray for help! Ask the missionaries they can help. You can change the lives of those around you. You are the key to missionary work.
And they call me
Elder Anderson

For behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment