Thursday, April 24, 2014

Red Wiggler Update



Yesterday my Red Wigglers arrived in the mail from Uncle Jim's Worm Farm. They arrived in great shape, a little dried and shriveled from the shipping, but after a few hours in my moist worm bin they were thriving.
In fact, they were thriving so well this morning there were a few trying to climb out of the bin. I didn't anticipate escaping worms, but the instructions that came with the worms warned of this and gave instructions on how to prevent worm excapature. The Red Wigglers don't like sun or bright light, so I took the lid off and let the light shine on them. They quickly burrowed down to hid from the light--almost like a few politicians I know.
The preparation of the bin was almost too easy and simple. I was hoping for a bigger project. It will be very interesting to see how the project turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment