Monday, April 28, 2014

So its time for transfers again!!! Jacob's latest letter from Rio De Janeiro, Brazil




From: Jacob Anderson [mailto:andersonjray@myldsmail.net]
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 11:13 AM

Subject: And its time for change.

So its time for transfers again!!! wow I will be starting my 5th transfer this week.. Kinda crazy!! I will be staying in Realengo. My first and only area. Elder Leal will be leaving after only 1 transfer here. I already have 3 going on 4. But i am so very excited. I absolutely love this ward and my opportunity to work with and learn from them!
So last week for Pday we played football with a bunch of people in my ward and some missionaries. Our pday happen to be on a holiday. It was so much fun! We will try and do the same thing today but i dont know if it will turn out the same. I didnt remember to write about easter last week. After church we ate with a member and all of his family.
They had a lot of meat. Several times he just took my plate and filled with with meat. It was really good...
Someone that we have been spending a lot of time teaching a lot is Washington and his Family. His wife Elaine, Daughter Laressa and Son Rena. If you could please pray for them!! They are wonderful. They were a reference from the someone in the ward. They are having difficulty making time for God in there life. They are literally always working. Washington used to live in the street and now he owns a mechanic. He wakes up and goes to work there when he gets home he starting working on his house (which is beautiful).Elaine is not progressing as fast as Washinton. She has her own religion and is happy with her life. She listens to our messages and that is about it, until yesterday. We have asked her severaly times to read The Book of Mormon. Yesterday she said that she would. This was a very interesting experience. When i was trying to explain the Book of Mormon and its importance and how it keystone of our religion i felt as if i should let her know that her religion is false and not correct. So I did. She was very shocked at first that I would say such a thing about her religion (which is truely false) but she agreed to start reading the Book of Mormon after. This was a pretty cool experience. If you could please pray for them!!
Every week I learn so very much. I have been trying to read all of the BoM in portuguese out loud so this is where most of my time is spent studying. It is really weird to see all the things that i missed when i read the BoM in English only a few months ago. The Book of Mormon is so unbelievable clear about its purpose. Being the very word of God that is claims to be or a book of men. Making it a lie and a book of the devil. DO more the just read the Book of Mormon. STUDY IT and then pray about it. Pray to know if it is the very word of God that it claims to be.


--
And they call me
Elder Anderson

For behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment