Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sister Bridgette Vejnar's Latest Letter From California

Last Tuesday we had a zone training and we learned about meeting our investigators needs and asking inspired questions! It was really good and I learned a lot! Then a member took us to Chipotle for dinner! I loved it! I could finally have something with meat! Then we went street contacting and then was able to have a fantastic member present lesson! It was the best member present lesson we have ever had and I am so happy for the willingness of those members who will come with us! We really need it and appreciate it!
Wednesday was perfect! It was about 73degress and we had a lot of lessons taught! The weather being warm defiantly makes me want to work harder and it makes me happy! I am glad that we are in warmer weather! At one of the lessons we went to she forgot we were coming so her friend was over and he was really drunk! It was really weird because he introduced himself to me like 10 times and then kept asking me what was wrong and he kept pointing to his whisky bottle, like "this is how much I have had to drink today!" Then he kept calling my companion and I baby girl and hugged us (which we felt really awkward about it because we aren't allowed to hug) and was tripping and falling all over her house so we just followed up with her and left, she told us she wasn't reading because she has been really busy but she has been praying about her baptism date a lot to see if it's what she is supposed to do. She doesn't want to come to church yet but you have to, to be baptized and so we have a relief society activity called For the Love of Chocolate...and you can probably imagine why I want to go, but we can't go unless we have an investigator going, so we are going to invite her to that and it's doing something for me and her! I get the chocolate and she gets to know the ward, feels welcome and gets chocolate! So it's a win win!
Thursday everyone canceled on us even dinner so we just did street contacting and we had a list from the church to go contact so we did that all day. The highlight of that day was the letter I got from Baylee! It was awesome! Thank you!
Friday we were going to ride bikes because it was really nice out and our appointment was about 4 miles away round trip, but my companion wasn't even trying to ride the bike and she was having a hard time with it so we were about an hour late to our appointment! So I was a little mad about wasting all that time when we could have drove so I was practicing a lot of patience! Then we went to our dinner appointment (we go to the same people every Friday night...not complaining!) we had Filipino food which this meal I wasn't that big of a fan of, but I still ate it! Then we went to our next appointment and we knew they would have ice cream there but I didn't want any and my companion was the one who told them to get ice cream so we playfully argued about who was supposed to eat the ice cream and that neither of us wanted it, we both just ended up eating the ice cream!
Saturday we tried riding bikes again and my companion actually tried this time, so we got to our appointment on time and it was really nice out so I was in a really good mood and then we did some service and was able to teach on the priesthood! Then our dinner appointment made us chili and it was really spicy! I loved it! Usually no one makes things spicy for people but they did and it was awesome!!! Then we went home and got the call from our district leader about transfers. Everyone in our district is staying except one sister, because she is going home, so we will be getting a new sister and that's the only change. Crazy!
Sunday we had our less active we talked to about priesthood come to church! I was so happy!!! He always says he will come but never does, so when we saw him we were so excited that he finally came! My companion said he hasn't been since shes been in this ward and that was 9 months, so we were pretty excited to see him there!
Also I am learning different languages! I can say "Hello, how are you? Good, thanks! Bye! Goodnight!" in Armenian, Tongan, Spanish, and Tagalog! It's really fun, but I know why I was called to serve English speaking now! :)

Sister Vejnar

No comments:

Post a Comment