Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Elder Joshua Anderson's latest letter from the Scottsdale AZ mission.

Transfers were this Tuesday so we have our P-day today. Last Tuesday we had interviews with president Sweeney. In my interview he told me that we were losing some missionaries so he has to close down some areas. He told me that my new companion would be Spanish speaking and I would take in his area and he would take in mine. So now we cover the Payson Spanish branch, the Christopher Creek branch, and the Ponderosa ward. Luckily I already knew who my companion was because is the other Elder that we shared an apartment with. After the interviews my companion and I went to a Chaplin's meeting. It was just where different ecclesiastical leaders in the community come together to  talk about things that are going on at their churches. I was pretty nervous at first but it turned out to go really well. 

Earlier in the week the nob on my watch broke off so I took it to a member to get it fixed. On Thursday he gave it back to me. Instead of fixing it he just gave me a new watch and put it on the old part. After I got it I noticed that it said it was a Rolex! hahaha no kidding! I'm 99% sure it is fake but I just thought it was so funny when I looked at it and it said it was a Rolex.We also pulled out our bikes that day because we are getting low on our miles. We didn't go too far before my companion's tire popped. So we were back in the car. 

In my last email I talked about how we are doing more member visits to share with them the first lesson. After the lesson we set something up where we come back in two weeks to hear about their experiences. Friday was our first return appointment and we got four referrals! We have already contacted one and she is interested in taking the lessons!

Saturday was a pretty long day. We had to drive up to Snowflake because Elder Curtis had a baptism up there. Because I'm not the designated driver I got to drive all the there and back. I like to drive though is it was all good. On the way back we just drove straight to one of our lessons. His name is David and he talked forever! When we finally got out of there we went to the church so Elder Curtis could do a baptismal interview. 

Well that's about all I can think of! I know this church is true and it blesses lives! 


- Elder Joshua Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment