Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Elder Joseph Anderson's Latest Letter From The Resistencia, Argentina Mission

I dont have a lot of time so I´ll try to be as detailed as I can. This week my companion and I went on divisions in a little town two hours away from our area called San Martin. There is a lot of history with this pueblo and the church. There used to be so many members that attended about 10 years that the church built a giant stake center there. Unfortunatley for one reason or the other a ton of members have gone inactive and only about 20 -25 people attend each sunday. Imagine that many people in our stake center in Charlottesville and you´ll get the idea. 
In this town there is an area kina on the outskirts that is only populated by native people (who everyone here calls aborigenies). They are from an old tribe called Toba and they have there own language. We found a lot of members of the church in this area and we talked to them. I cant help but think that I am talking with the lamanites when we talk with them. A super old man who got baptized a while ago talked with us and we had a lesson with him. He gave the closing prayer in his native language and it was pretty sweet. I learned a few words in Toba and I am going to see if I can learn some more.
Other than that we have found some good new investigators this week. Two are a very youn couple named Eric and Jamila. they have two kids and Eric remembers that when he was only about 7 or 8 years old missionaries came and taught his dad and him and all of his brothers would come and listen to the lessons aswell. they are really great people and we are praying that they will accept the restored gospel in their lives in order to find eternal happiness.
thats all I got. Love you.-

-Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment