Monday, January 12, 2015

Elder Jacob Anderson's latest letter from Rio


So we had some huge changes on the mission this week...  We have something called a standard of excellence on the mission. Our old goals were 12 Lessons with Member. 15 Others, 20 new investigators, ¨and 6 people in church with baptismal dates. It has been changed that president made new goals. 20 lessons with members, 20 people in church with a baptismal date, 15 others and 60 new investigators ever single week.. Hearing our President and his vision for the misison is really awesome. He is really going to help everybody start to baptize every single week. Or atleast that his goals. Those who will follow the instructions that he gives will have a lot of success on the misison.
I couldn't help but compare our President to Lei in the Book of Mormon this week. Everyone the mission either has a "Nephi or Lemen"
Attitude. I am just blow away with how many missionaries do not have a Nephi like attitude. I pray everyday that the members of the church can show and have more respect for the chosen leaders of the church.
They are called to serve and receive Revelation to help us. Sometimes the things that God wants us todo and what we want to do isnt alway the same thing. Like traveling in the desert to a new land...
As i was reading the book of mormon this week i had a few versus that really called my attention.

"  And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I willprepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep mycommandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep mycommandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and yeshall know that it is by me that ye are led.

 14 Yea, and the Lord said also that: After ye have arrived in thepromised land, ye shall know that I, the Lord, am God; and that I,the Lord, did deliver you from destruction; yea, that I did bringyou out of the land of Jerusalem."


I thought a lot about how this can applied into my life. How many promised blessing i have received in my life. Particularly in the Patrical blessing. I have no idea how i am ever going to arrive where the lord wants me to. Seems so far away and it looks like a journy sooooo impossible. But I know that the lord will act as a light in my life and day by day, moment by moment he will be guiding me to my "promised land." Ye and in the day that i arrive in the "promised land." I will know without doubt!!

Baptism^:)



--
And they call me
Elder Anderson

For behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment