Monday, January 5, 2015

Elder Joseph Anderson's Latest Letter From The Resistencia Argentina Mission



Elder Anderson Feeds a Horse a Mango

Elder Anderson eats beef heart and mashed potatoes

Elder Anderson Enjoys Christmas Dinner with his Zone
Super duper crazy week!!!!!!  To start off, we had transfers in the mission on the 31 of December and the 31 is a surpisingly busy day of travel down here in Argentina. Everybody is going to celebrate new years with their family by having a huge bbq argentine style, listining to some really wierd folk music called chamamaine, and drinking champain until about 5 or six in the morning. Haha funny story we found a group of teenagers on the 1 at around 7 oclock in the evening and they had still not slept from the party on the 31. We asked them why they hadnt gone to sleep yet and they told us they needed to start the new year "strong". They looked liked straight zombies with a lot of beer and cigarrettes. Anyway, because the bus stations were going to be so busy on the 31 we had to go on the 30 and buy all the tickets for all the missionaries that were going to be passing through the bus station in Resistencia. That took us all day and the next day we were at the bus station all day directing all the missionaries to their new areas. Its a pretty crazy experience but super exciting too. My companion and I worked together to get everything done and for once in a long time nobody missed their bus.

Also, on Saturday our zone had interviews with President. The asistents called us on friday and told us to prepare a capacitaciĆ³n for the zone while each companionship was being interviews. We trained our zone on chapter 9 of PMG and it was a great experience. At the end we played a huge game of trivia regarding only things found in PMG. 

My interview with President Franco was really nice. He seemed a little bit tired because he had been interviewing missionaries since 8 in the morning and I was the last missionary of the day at 5:30 pm. He told me to make goals for this year and put them together with my patriarical blessing and everytime i go over my goals I should read my patriarical blessing aswell. It is great advice and something I am definately going to do once I decide on some set goals for this year. 

My companion and I have found some new investigators that seem very very promising, so we are fasting and praying that they will keep progressing and come to church on sunday. Well thats all I got for now. 
CHow CHOW.

-Elder Anderson (Joe)

No comments:

Post a Comment