Monday, August 11, 2014

Elder Joseph Anderson's latest letter from Argentina: "We found this older man last week named Alberto and he is honestly one of the kindest, softhearted men I have ever met in my entire life"


This week was pretty freaking awesome for my comp and I. The highlight is that we had three investgators in church, which is the first time that has happened in my area in over 6 months. On saturday my companion and I fasted that our investigators would come to church and that our investigator Ingrid would receive an answer about Joseph Smith and the Restoration. We worked our butts off the whole week and Saturday we worked even harder to pass by for all of our investigators and commit them to come to church. We found this older man last week named Alberto and he is honestly one of the kindest, softhearted men I have ever met in my entire life. He is eating up the lessons and he loves reading n the Book of Mormon. He tells us a lot of stories about his life and they are the best haha, me and Elder Lee almost died laughing from one of his stories on saturday. We got kind of worried on Saturday morning because when we called to confirm our appointment with us he answered with a very worried voice and told us that he read in the pamphlet that the members wear shirts and ties to church, but he doesn't have a shirt and tie so he wont be able to come with us. Oh I fixed that one real fast... I told him he could come to church in whatever clothes he had. He was very relieved. When we showed up on Sunday morning to take him to church he began to tell us the clothes situation... he had nice church pants but he held them up to his waste and told us that he bought them when he was 20 pounds lighter and that they don't fit him anymore (I told him I was in the same boat haha) so he asked us if what he had on, a polo, blue jogging pants, and black shiny pennylofers, was okay. We told him it was perfect. But anyway he came to church with us yesterday and stayed with us the whole three hours. He said he really liked it and there was a sense of peace but also the mombers had a clean humor and were normal people. We are super excited for him.
In other news Ingrid is progressing really nicely also. She still hasnt recieved an answer about Joseph Smith but we have a lesson with her tonight. She also came to church and stayed the full three hours. 
The other person that came to church is a friend of Cristian, who got baptised right when I got here. She is a girl that was sent here from Haiti after the huge catastrophe. We are going to have a lesson with her tomorrow
Something else that happened that was funnny this week was a big black guy called me and my companion over (in english) while we were walking through the downtown mall to get back to our apartment. We began to talk to him and he asked us where we were from. I told him Virginia and he said "No way man".  Then he asked me from where in Virginia and I told him Charlottesville and he freaked out (and wrapped me up) and told me that he lived in Charlottesville, Virginia for a long time with his brother and that his brother still lives there. It was pretty sweet haha. He has been in Argentina for a long time and he some some 15 or 20 years ago he used to read the BofM with some other Elders. He told us he would come to church on Sunday but he didn't show up. Oh well we are going to find him again.
Well I just want to say that I know the Lord answers prayers and that fasting is real and it brings miracles. I love love love the scriptures and I honestly just cant get enough of them every day. Almost every spare minute I have, I am reading in the scriptures. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and if I didn't know anything else at all, that alone would be enough to believe everything else. I love you all and hope you have a woderful week.

Love Elder Anderson (joe)

#Kirk out

No comments:

Post a Comment