Monday, August 25, 2014

Elder Jacob Anderson's latest letter: "My hardest day."

I need to be short. buttt lets talk about one of the best worst weekends every!!! So Saturday it just started out WRONG...
The house i am living in right now is very...dirty old.. Literally falling apart... and Things are literally growing out of the wall..
Thats cool. No its not.
To make things better. Someone visited uninvited friday night. They stole me shoes.. Not cool.. They stole my X-companions towels that had his name written in them.. They stole the neighbors dog.. Normal.. I hope its still alive..
But suprisely after this I waasnt effected at all. I was still happy and ready to go. That afternoon we literally my best baptism planned of my mission. I was super excited for me and the next day Elder Holland, Yes Jeffrey R. Holland the apostolo would be coming here personally.
So i took the LZ to your baptism.. He passed the interview. I cut his hair to help him get ready be his best!! We left to go eat lunch. When we got back he decided he didnt want to be baptized (he wanted to wait).. HE baptism was planned to be in less then an hour and a half and a memeber would be there in a hour to give him a ride. We sat down prayed.. talked... prayed.. talked.. Read sciptures.. prayed..
talked.. prayed.. Scirptures.. prayed.. Talked....
In short he wasnt baptized.. Probably one of the hardest point of my mission. Working that day only slowlly went down hill.
We had planned to have the entire world(the lives inside of our area) go to church on sunday. Elder Holland was going to be there personally.
So after i apologized to our ward for not actually have a baptism. We decided to do everything possible to help everyone who already said they would go to church sunday, just remember that they still needed to go..
In short we had almost everyone give there sorry why they couldnt go... The walk home of defeat was not very fun..

But Elder Holland gave an awesome talk.. Elder Cruz was there too...

THe lord wants 10 percent of our life as. ANd he wants it when we are younge. CHoice good friends. Dont date until 16 then date smart. Serve a mission with out question. Then get married IMIDiatly after. That was his advice..
The church is true The book is blue and mormon is on the ball.
Elder Anderson

For behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment