Monday, August 4, 2014

Elder Joseph Anderson's latest letter from Argentina: "Our days just go from lesson to lesson and they seem to pass by like lightening"

Well here I am another week down in the good old mission. This week has definitely been one of my fastest weeks so far. We have been focusing soo much on teaching the investigators that we have right now, that our days just go from lesson to lesson and they seem to pass by like lightening. I am literally trying to think about what happened this week but it literally feels like just yesterday that I wrote haha.
First of all our investigators are doing well. Ingrid is still reading and praying but she is very catholic and her whole family as well and she just keeps telling us she is not sure about baptism. We are going to help her recognize and understand the answer that she has already received so that she can feel comforted and calm about making her first covenant with the Lord. She tells us that her days are really stressful and she likes to sometimes just stop everything and read in the Book of Mormon because it helps her feel peace and tranquility. She knows that the Book of Mormon is true but she doesn't quite understand that that testimony also means that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true and living church on the earth today. We are going to help her realize this and I have no worries that the Spirit will testify to her of these truths.
Ivan is mas o menos ahora. We have had a hard time having a lesson with him and his mom together because she works so much and she doesn't really have a set schedule. His step dad is a terrible example for Ivan and his three younger sisters. He gets drunk every weekend and smokes weed pretty much everyday and has no problem telling his kids. He also invites all of his friends over all the time that do the same things. Last night we went by to talk with Ivan and his mom to invite them to and activity that we have in church this Saturday, but there were so many people there high and drunk that we could barely talk to her. It is extremely sad to see that especially for Ivan and his three younger sisters because honestly his three younger sisters are the sweetest little girls ever. It kills me to see the environment that they are being raised in and all I what is to see is the gospel change and brighten their lives forever.
I am so grateful that I had the blessing of being raised in a home and a family with the true gospel of Jesus Christ as the foundation. I am grateful for my parents and for all that they did for me in my life. I know that it is the plan of our loving Heavenly Father that we have a mom and a dad that teach us the principles of his gospel in our homes. 
I am grateful for all of you and I hope you all have a wonderful week!!!

Love Elder Anderson (joe)

No comments:

Post a Comment