Monday, August 4, 2014

Elder Jacob Anderson's latest letter from Rio: "Well the last time Wellington climbed the mountain to talk with God he said that God told him to give his next kid, who will be born shortly, my name. Not who I was named after but actually me. He his naming his kid after me... I feel like a rockstar but I am just a missionary."

I cannt every write about everything that happens in one week... Let me tell you about Saturday... After we had left the house and started waiting for the bus i decided that i wanted to hear about my old area!! So i gave the office a call and asked them to do a conf call so i could talk with my old comp about my old area. I was there for 6 months so I made a lot of friends with members and non members. It was weird to hear how much has changed. Cannot imagine my home ward in the states... In my old area we had one investigator, Wellington, who was very interesting... He had started his own church about 5 years ago because of doctrinal issues. When we taught him the Restoration i was very clear with him that the Authority of God only resides in one Church and that is the Church of Jesus Christ.. As missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ we hold the authority and power of God. He recognized the power and divinity of our message. The next day we returned to talk with him he was teaching people in his salon the message of the restoration.. He started sharing with people in his church.. He admitted that he does not have the power of authority of God but that his faith is real.. In short Wellington is not making a lot of progress in becoming a memeber of the Church of Jesus Christ thou he does recognize that is true.. Surprisingly something that happens on a daily basis.. Brazil is strange. Wellington along with a lot of people here believe in climbing mountains so that they can better communicate with God... Strange but understandable. Well the last time Wellington climbed the mountain to talk with God. Wellington said that God told him to give his next kid who will be born shortly my name. Not who i was named after but actually me. He his naming his kid after me... I feel like a rockstar but I am just a missionary.
Pretty sure its better.
After the day only continued getting better and better! We only can talk on our phone for 3min every day or we will run out of credits.
Short story. We ran out of credits saturday and will not have more until the 16 of this month. So we were walking in the street and i was thinking to my self how in the world we could get in contact with members to help our investigators get to church. As i started
thinking(praying) about this i lifted up my head to see a member waiting at a stop light.. We got everything worked out for sunday..
Finally the day ended with a very interesting lesson. We visited a family (by the request of the Father) after talking and getting to know them we started to teach the lesson. The father wanted it to end pretty much right after it started. Which was strange. Before we started i asked him what his expections where and then told him ours.
He didnt have any expections and was fine with our purpose. He endured our entire lesson. At the end his wife was freaking out. She was very upset that we are the only church with the authority of God and that she needed to be baptised again. She very upset to say the least. She told me that was going to talk to her pastor about this. I reminded her that he was the one who did the baptism and he was apart of the false prophets in the world.. With him more energy she then said that if she cannot ask her pastor she will ask the bible. She took her bible opened it up and started reading. She read something like "pastor are liars(servents of the Devil) and they lead the sheep of God to hell." She was blown away..
Yepp. God is on our side.
I am so very great full for the power that authority that has been restored to the earth.. Let your light shine bright!!
--
And they call me
Elder Anderson

For behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment