Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Jacob's latest letter from Rio "Mission work is always happening and it never stops. "

Mission work is always happening and it never stops. It just sometimes we will decided to be apart of it. I still have 3 companions which makes this quite interesting. I spend very little time in my own area since we are still waiting on actually for the contract to be signed for our apartment. This means I am almost always with one of the Zone Leaders. Its like learning with 3 people at once. I am pretty grateful for this opportunity. Its pretty difficult not to be my own area helping our ward progress because they havnt had missionarys forever and the entire so badly wants to help with the missionary work. But if this area is anything like my last area i imagine that i will be stay here for quite awhile so I am trying to have patience.  I dont remember if i have sent a picture of our church but here it is...
Probably the most exciting thing that happenedthis week. After Church on Sunday we talked with member who has been bring her almost husband to church, almost becuase its not legal yet. We decided that we would visit them around 5-6. It was a little weird when i told them that we could visit them that day. Long storyshort we spend 2 hours walking there becuase we only had enough money to get back home when the day ended. When we finally got there. The ENTIRE FAMILY was ready to hear our message. It was really cool to see the blessing of the Lord in this moment of need. The message of the restaurent never has made more sense then during this lesson. Me and my companion companion taught lesson with and becuase of the companionship of the Spirit of God WONDERFULLY. I was very very happy afterwords. Teaching the lessons clearly and correctly is something i have been praying praying for dilligently!
Also have been studying a bunch about prophets and the authority of God. PMG helps us understand that prophets are called when world is ready to accept them. We know so every little about God and we know even little about his servants. I pray that we can all be more faithful and obedient when following the council of the prophets of God. They are inspired messengers of God. They hold the power and authority to give the church of God Direction. Follow them. I heard a quite the other night when listening to talk. It said"We are not obedient because we are blind, we are obedient because we can see."
The "rules" or commandments of God are not limits. He knows how to help us be happy and reach our full potential this is done through following the council of the Lord. The Holy Prophets of God are ordained to deliver this council to us.


 they call me
Elder Anderson

For behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment