Tuesday, July 8, 2014

"New Mission President" Joe's latest letter from Argentina

Yep this week on tuesday our new president came in and President Heyman flew home with his wife. Our new president´s name is President Franco. He and his wife are from Buenos Aires but have been living in Utah since they were about 20 years old. He was a bishop, stake president, and area 70 in Utah and has three kids. He is a very nice and loving man. On Saturday we had interviews with him and it was our first time seeing him. Also my first interview in spanish haha, President Heyman always did them in english with me but luckily I have been here long enough to learn spanish sufficiently. Man I can only imagine how hard and stressfull it must be to have the calling of Mission President. ESPECIALLY for the first few weeks!!! But he is an amazing man and he will be an amazing mission president aswell.


My companion and I continue working hard and doing everything possible to find some new investigators. This last week we were able to find a few but most of them havent been there for the return appointments that we made. And on saturday we had interviews all day to we couldnt go by and visiting any of them to make plans to go to church so none of them came. My district is really struggling right now with church attendance and it is something I am going to focus on a lot tomorrow in our district meeting. 

Something funny that happened just last night was a man we contacted who was determined to insult us and tell us that we were spies for the united states without knowing it. He told us that the U.S. government created our religion to trick us into spying on other countries and getting information. Supposedly our church leaders are really government officials who are pretending to be prophets and apostles just as a cover up. So I got a little frustrated with him but ended up just having to tell him thanks and to have a nice day. 

My companion and I fasted yesterday to be able to find a prepared family that we can teach and help recieve the blessing of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. We we be focusing all of our efforts on finding this family this week and we are praying and doing everything possible to be ready for the propmtings of the Spirit to help us.´

I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and I know from reading and praying about it that it is indeed the word of God and that JOspeh Smith was the Prophet of GOd called and ordained to translate it for our earthly and eternal benefit. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and am grateful for the opportunity I have to share it.

Love All of YOU CHAU CHAU!!!!

Elder Anderson





No comments:

Post a Comment