Monday, July 21, 2014

Elder Vejanr's latest: " Next up was the trip to the planetarium"

So this week the mission went on some fun expeditions. I guess a good place to start is at the beginning of the week so Sun day I went to church and ran into a person that I thought I would not see for at least two years! and her name was Alex Hadfield, turns out I am over the ward she is so They might move me out of that ward. 

     Next up was the trip to the planetarium, sometimes our mission president feels bad for us and tells us to go out and do something as a mission. Most time we tell him no we are fine and we would like to just continue working but this time he almost made us go so we went. The planetarium was a fun experience because I love that kind of stuff, meaning stars and astronomy, and so there was no way I was going to turn it down. When we got there there turned out to be a lot of little kids and the one I sat in front of was kicking me seat and having some kind of panic attack. But he did make it through so that was good, and we left with some good times, and good stories. 

     On Friday we went to a place called J-Dawgs. The reason we went was because it is a tradition to go there when a missionary reaches the end of there two years, and this time it was Elder Eberle's turn so we went and said hi to our mission president, President Nally and President Whight, really great guys, and the food was good so I liked it, but I will miss Elder Eberle.

     Finally earlier today we decided to have a park day. When me and my companion where getting the food from Walmart I saw another person that I thought I would not see for at least two years and his name was Andrew Hadfield he is getting tall! anyway we got the food and headed out to the park. The food was great and I was most happy because we where eating like real food!! I have not had real food for about 3 months now because it is all made in the cafeteria in bulk it's not always the best. As a mission we also played a little football catch I got to run I was so pumped!! the elders in wheal chars would through it to me and one other elder that could run and we would fight for the ball it was great and I got to be in the sun so always a plus, and we will see if I cant get some pictures! 

     Now I will talk a little bit about the things that happened during the day to day grind. This week I got a lot of packages. I would like to send a special thank you to my grandma and to the Giffered family who sent me some really cool stuff to work out with like a giant ball to sit on and bounce on in my office!! also to my grandma Phillipps for sowing the blanket that I love and use every night!! I love all the food that was sent to me as well it is great! 
   
     This next week will be my first transfer it should be fun, but I do not want to loose any of my investigators because most of them are all so good and willing to learn! I guess however come what may and love it! and that is what I will do.

     Lastly this week I have come to know of the importance of sticking to the basics that is reading the scriptures praying every day and very importantly going to church. This week we had the opportunity to teach a lot of less active members. Without fail all of them had stopped reading the scriptures, praying, and going to church. I know that if we want to be able to make it though trials, we will need to remember to stick to the basics. The Basics help us grow so much and, help us keep the spiritual fire burning inside of us. When we stop feeding a fire it dies as we stop feeding the faith that we have it will also die.However the opposit is also true where as if we feed the fire it will grow and the more we feed it the more it grows our testimony's could be attributed to how much we feed the spirit. I know that these things are true, if I did not I would not be serving a mission right now. I love the scriptures and the truths they teach I love you all and wish you the best. 
Elder Vejnar

             

No comments:

Post a Comment