Tuesday, July 8, 2014

"4th of July in Brazil" Jacob's latest letter from Rio


Weeks are starting to feel like the same as last. They endure for ever and end very quickly. Nothing happened the 4th of July.. I think they dont celebrate.. I cannot seem to figure out why. The Zone Leader did sing the Brazilian National Anthem. Different.
This week I decided i would study Repentance. To better understand the importance of it, why it should be done now, and how we can accomplish true repentance?  I feel like I have more questions then when we started. We are put on this world as a test of our faith and devotion to God The Eternal Father. He know that would be perfect and we would mess up so he gave us his only Son, Jesus Christ. Christ, our Lord and Savior, he did more then just suffer from our sins but he atoned for them. I would encourage you to do your only study of atone. This atonement is perfect and infinite. So why is it important to repent now if the atonement of Christ is infinite.
This time on earth is special time that we will never be able to have again. Literally time will not exist after this life, its just eternity. This life is preparation for eternity. We have certain physically addiction and habits that, i think, we will only be able to change during this life. After the Resurrection it wont be the same. I dont think it will be as easy if possible for everyone to change or repent. Because when we repent we change. Repentance is accepting the will of God and changing our will to be the same. Changing our heart and mind until they completely agree with God.
I dont have time to share everything i studied, learned and know about repentance. Its something i will continue to study and even apply for the rest of my life.
What do you think about repentance and how it will occur after this life?

I am pretty grateful for my opportunity to serve the Lord. I count everyday as a blessing and hope that i am using it wisely. A mission has been the most devoted time of change through out my life. I look forward to the change to come. I hope you all changing for the better!
--
And they call me
Elder Anderson

For behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment