Sunday, June 29, 2014

Things are crazy in Rio with the world cup going on


Soo things are still pretty crazy with the games here. Hopefully
Brazil can pull out the W and WIN the WORLD cup. Today they have
another game so I dont have a lot of time and will need to return to
the house soon.
So I am no longer waiting for a house. We are now waiting to move in.
Who knows when that will happen. So for the time being we will
continue to work with the LZ.
We had our last Zone Conf with President Lima this week. It will be
very interesting receiving a new President. I have really learned a
lot with President Lima. He last training was really cool! He told
everyone to arrive with questions. One of my questions was "How can i
better be a instrument in the servent of the Lord?" It was really cool
to receive an answer to my question! The topic of president was "How
to better be a better instrument in the hands of our Lord." Alma 26:
3-5 were the scriptures he focused. "Behold, I answer for you; for our
brethren, the Lamanites, werein darkness, yea, even in the darkest
abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the
marvelous light of God! And this is the blessing which hath been
bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of
God to bring about this great work."
After we our training that was almost all day long we returned to area
and went to dinner at this pizza place. IT WAS SUPER COOL! It was all
you can eat pizza for 15heies or about 7 American dollars. Before we
sat down they had put pizza on our plate and until we left they were
continually putting pizza in our face and trying to give us more. The
choc late or desert pizza was especially good!

So somethings that i learned in Preach My Gospel this week. I studied
a lot about how to better my lang skill and something that i though
was interesting. If you have learned a lang on your mission the
prophets advise that you continue to study this lang so that you can
better speak it even after you mission. I also study about being have
more love and charity in my life. First I need to show love to God and
our Savior Jesus Christ. This is done by following the commandments.
Second My Family.I will a better at this by writing them more often
individually. Thirdly my companion. I will do a better job being more
clean organized and following the rules exactly so that we feel the
spirit more strongly in our companionship. Fourth are people in my
area. I will do a better job at showing them love by working more
diligently to ensure that those who are ready will receive the message
of the Restoration of the gospel.
I have 4 min. I will try and tell you about a very humbling exp this week.
It is normally member to give missionary lunch or dinner. Here the
members feed us lunch. This week i had lunch in with a member in one
of the more poor areas of Rio. Walking there was literally scary. I
couldn't help but think about the Camera in my bag and what if someone
decided they wanted it.
When we get to lunch it wasnt not the best meal i have received and i
was still a little sick so i felt bad that i couldnt eat more. But I
felt so extremely humble becuase this was probably one of the better
meals that this family has every month and they safe it to have with
the missionarys. I am so very greatful for this oppurtunity to serve
and help people find faith in Jesus Christ! He talked about how next
time he will feed us his fattest cat....

--
And they call me
Elder Anderson
For behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment