Monday, December 1, 2014

Elder Ray Vejnar's latest mission letter

     So first off I would like to say sorry I missed my e mail last week I forgot to write it but last week not much happened, this week however was a lot of fun.
     This week started out as just another normal week, We had one really strange lesson with someone named Jeanie. she is a nice lady that believe is the ancient Egyptian god's we talked about some of the things that she believes and some of the things that we believe and as we talked about what we believe she became more interested and more interested we got to the end of the fist lesson and asked her how she felt about what we had talked about and she said with a really big smile " I am really excited" I am as well. I think that she will take to the truth really quickly and be very open to what we have to say. we have another lesson with her next week and we will talk to her then.
     Then comes turkey day! so one thing that they do when there is a holiday is shut down all the chats that would come into mormon.org that means that we do not have anyone to talk to and none of the people we have to teach like to talk on holidays so we basically followed the schedule that the rest of the MTC had, and it was actually really cool I think that we had it a lot better than the rest of the MTC.
      So to start the morning off we went to breakfast it was not much but that is ok because we need to have room for the rest of the days food, right! Anyway strait from food we went to a devotional where Elder Bednar of the quorum or the 12 apostles and his wife spoke to us. Elder Bednar likes to do the "Q" and "A" thing when he speaks with people. He passed out 700 cell phones, and a number showed up on on the big screens. Elder Bednar told us to think of questions that we would like to ask him and text those questions to that number. Now he did not read the question that I had asked, but I did have a question in mind, and honestly I was not expecting it to be answered. None of the questions that Elder Bednar answered even came close to what my question was, but I did get an answer to my question. so I wrote down the answer to my question and just as I was thinking, well it is cool that I got my answer but that was just me thinking about it for a log time, and I finally thought up an answer that worked. Just as I thought this Elder Bednar comes in and says something like, there are hundreds of questions that I did not get to answer, but the Holy Ghost has answered them for you, that is a miracle in and of its self. This blew my mind I do not know why it did, but it did. I thought that it was really cool to think that the answers to spiritual questions come from the spirit and each time they are answered it is a miracle!
     After the devotional the MTC did a big service project in witch we packaged food for a Utah food bank, I am not sure what one it was for, that was a lot of fun and I got to do the packing and taping up boxes. I think that the best part was when who else but Elder Bednar decided that he wanted to visit, he came in and walked right past me he looked like he was in a hurry so I did not try to stop him, however he did almost bump into my solder so that was a lot of fun to help out with. Because of this service project the MTC was going to skip dinner because it was a holiday and they wanted to give all the staff the night off, so wile the rest of the MTC got sack dinners for thanksgiving we had a family take us out to dinner it was so much fun and the food was a lot better than a sack dinner I am sure. when we got back to the MTC it was movie time, the movie that they where showing was Meet the Mormons it was great and I have wanted to see that movie sense they announced the movie. once that was done the night was over and we when to bed a little early it was nice to get the extra sleep. That really raps up what Thanksgiving is like in the MTC oh yeah and the last thing that they did was on the way back to our rooms they had Christmas lights up and Christmas music playing, can you believe it they did not even wait tell Thanksgiving was over to start Christmas. :(  
     That was the week though, I love the mission every second of it and I am grateful for the chance I have to serve one. love you all and hope that your weeks and thanksgivings where as good as mine! 

Elder Vejnar

No comments:

Post a Comment