Monday, December 22, 2014

Latest Letter From Elder Jacob Anderson From the Rio de Janiero Mission

So I am loving my new comp. He is super great... He was baptized in the church when he was about 12 and didnt return until about 3 years before his mission. He is 25 years old. We are getting a long great.
We live with 2 other Elders that really helps to have other people to talk to after a busy day of work.. We are going to do really well together. We are going to set goals to have teach find and baptize more then we ever have on the mission! Its going to be great. We have another scheduled transfer here in one week so lets see if I will stay here. President told me that a lot of the areas and mission of the mission need to get to know me so dont get comfortable 0_o So are mission is doing a mission choir. Its pretty cool except that we dont get to work on Saturday or Sunday which makes it even more difficult to bring people to church and there for baptize. I had no idea that the mission was so huge. Satuday we spent 8 hours on a bus going to another part of the mission to did our Christmas show.. It was pretty fun!!
The highlight of the week was the interviews that i was able to do through out the week. Especially the last interview Sunday. It was a
34 year old women that grew up a Jehovah Wittiness. She was extremely prepared. She has been investigation for the last 4 months. We had planned to help her be baptized Sunday night. She is the baptism of the sister in our district. But saddly her bishop said somethings to her that made her want to wait until next week. Though she was not baptized yesterday i felt super honored to do her  interviews it was a great exp. She will be baptized This friday. I am so very excited for her!! The gospel refines the goodness in people. The spirit of the Lord changes us. I am soo profoundly greatful for the opportunities that are made possible through the Spirit. The changes and gifts that are made possible. Ask, work and learn to work with the spirit!! For he the true teacher. I am here to help and serve.

Oooo I am pretty excited for xmas when i can talk to me beloved family. CHAUUUUUUU

--
And they call me
Elder Anderson

For behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment