Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Elder Joseph Anderson Doing a Random Pose From His Apartment In Argentina

Elder Joseph Anderson Doing a Random Pose From His Apartment In Argentina

On Friday I did my first baptismal interview as a district leader. It was a amazing experience to help a child of the Lord enter the waters of baptism. I wont lie I was a little bit nervous but I put my trust and confidence in the lord and he took care of the rest. It was great to see how somebody has gained such a strong testimony of the gospel before they have even been baptized and at the end of the interview I bore my testimony to her and invited her to share her testimony with me. She bore such a simple, powerful, and amazing testimony that it just made the room light up.

Elder Bingham and I have been working our tails off this week and we have finally found some people that are progressing!! YAY!! One man named Remundo came to church with us yesterday and after he told us that he had a dream about somebody baptising him and he thinks it is a sign from God that that is what he should do. The Lord is preparing His children for the missionaries. Something I love that our president always tells us is that "we dont prepare people...the Lord does. Our job is to find, teach, and help the people that the Lord has prepared for us" 

Sometimes the days are long and hard here in Argentina but I know that the Lord is always with me and that my job is to be obedient, put my faith and trust in the Lord, and to work as hard as I can, the rest is up to the Lord. 

Nothing really that crazy this week happened. We bought a bunch of stuff to make hamburgers and I cooked some hamburgers for us. They were really big and really good, until we were on our third one...then they werent so good. My spanish is coming a long pretty well but i am still working on a ton of stuff to be able to confince the people that I am native. 

I love all of you very much and I am grateful for your prayers and support.


Love Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment