Monday, May 26, 2014

"Y Ahí Viene El Frio" Joe has now been out eight months


Subject: Y Ahí Viene El Frio

 

First of all I want to thank my grandma Phillipps for her package, the last package I will recieve because the mission isnt going to customs to pick up packages anymore, I loved the beef Jerky and also the assistants did too. This week went y super fast. Elder Bingham got sick on monday so we couldnt really do anything all day. Then on tuesday we had our zone meeting and after we went on divisions with the Elders in our district, but when we got back to our apartment the zone leaders and assistents told us they were coming oer to inspect the apartments. Scary right? Luckily our apartment was super clean and they couldnt say anything...haha take that assistants. After divisions ended on wednesday night the Elders in our district slept at our apartment because we had multizone conference all day on thursday and their area is like an hour and a half away. multizone conference was really awesome. President Heyman talked to us for 2 hours just about the Holy Ghost. I learned a ton of stuff. He literally explained just about everything tht has to do with the Holy Ghost. Right down to the covenant that was made between him and God that made him the Holy Ghost. Seriously I learned a crap ton but on thing that really stuck out to me was when our President described the godhead as the first presidency of everything. I had never thought about it like that and it just makes so much sense now. Our president also described the Holy Ghost as a running river: its always there andits always moving, whether we are close enough to hear or see it, or whether we are standing in the middle of it. So the the Holy Ghost doesnt change or come to us sronger, its us that move closer to and or pay more attention to it. The influence that the Holy Ghost depends on what we are doing to get closer to it. I cant really describe it as well as he did, especially in an email but I hope you get the point.

 

In other news...Holy cow its cold!!!!!! I had no idea it could ge this cold here. Literally it was just hot like last week. I am soooo glad my mom convinced me to get this big coat from mr. mac because it literally saved not just my life, but my comps aswell. it got super duper cold one night after the sun went down and my comp didnt bring his jacket so i took my coat and gave him the inner lining while I wore the outer shell. And luckily we servived. But it is also raining here. Just imagine it, freezing cold weather and on top of that some nie hard rain. Almost feels like Virginia haha. 

 

Anyway that´s a little bit of what happened this week. oh and I completed 8 months in the mission officially yeterday. Just flies by. Love you all very much and I m grateful for all your love and support.

 

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment