Monday, March 3, 2014

Well another week has passed by and another week is coming. this week my companion and I have found a lot of new people to teach and also stopped teaching them after the second lesson because they are not ready to recieve the message of the restored gospel. Yesterday I had my first real Bible Bash...but it wasnt like a Bible Bash you are probably thinking. I didn`t actually bash with the person I just more testified with power. The evangelical religion here is super strong and they are crazy about the bible. They will not accept little cards of Jesus Christ or pamphlets or anything...If its not the Bilble, its not fore them. So we tried teaching this guy about the Book of Mormon and he was not having it. Thats when he started to bash with us from the Bible. Please know that I do everything I can to not Bible Bash with people but I also know that I am called to teach and not to be teached TO, and I also remember the talk that I watched in the MTC from Elder Holland when he was talking at the MTC a while back. He said We shouldn`t Bible Bash, but when we do, we win! So I just basically ended up telling the guy that both the Bible and the Book of Mormon are the written word of God and if God wants to write 1, 2, or 50 books...he can. I ended up just standing up, shaking the guys hand and telling him thanks, and walking away. He told us to watch out for El Infierno while we walked away haha. So yeah thats probably the highlight of this week haha. I can`t believe that I already have 5 months on my mission!! Its crazy! I remember the day that I got dropped off at the MTC, I feel like it was just yesterday. I hope that I can use this time to serve the Lord wisely and I can look back without regrets. Oh and thank you sooo much RAPIDAN WARD for all the christmas cards you sent me, I just got them last tuesday but YOU ARE THE BEST WARD IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!! I love you all very much and I will let you all know once again that I know without a doubt in my heart the Book of Mormon is the true word of God. Another quote that I like from Elder Holland was in General Conference when he had the Book of Mormon in his hand and he said "No evil man could write that book, and no good man would, unless it were ture" 
As a representitive of Jesus Christ I promise you that if you read the Book of Mormon daily, your life will be blessed.


Love Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment