Monday, February 24, 2014

Yes the highlight of this week is definately the baptism. His name is Ramon and he is 20 years old. He sister recieved the discussions about two and a half years ago and made the dicision to be baptised and then she invited the missionaries to talk to Ramon. Well he talked with the missionaries and had quite a few lessons with them but was very evangelico and wasnt interested in the church. Well after almost three years Elder Valdez and I decided to talk to him again and he agreed to make a time to visit. Well about two months from then (with a lot of trouble finding him because of school and work) he has felt the holy ghost in his life from reading the Book of Mormon, Praying to our Father in Heaven, attending the church, and keeping the commandments and now has made the decision to be baptized by someone holding the priesthood power of God. I am sooo happy for him and am looking forward to seeing him progress and prosper by living the true gospel of Jesus Christ.

This week my companion and I also worked really hard with an inactive member. She was baptized when she was 13 and she assisted church regularly. But about 4 years ago she gave birth to her son Lowti and hasn`t been to church since...until yesterday!!! YAY!! Right now she is a single mom, 24 years old with a 4 year old (crazy) and another son who is 1 and a half. She has her hand full and my companion and I could see that she really wanted to go back to church but it was too hard to come with her two kids. So we visited her three times and got to know her better. Lowti is sooo funny and really the most energetic, talkative, kid I have ever seen in my life. He really is a handfull and them some. So on Sunday we went and picked her up and helped her get to church with Lowti and Aaron (her baby). That sacrament meeting was probably one of the most entertaining and memorable meetings of my life. Up through the sacrament Lowti did pretty good. But myself and all the missionaries were sitting up in front because we did a chair number that day. So When we stood up to sink Lowti came up and stood next to me. Oh and he calls me Tiho which means uncle in spanish and I think its awesome. And well basically the rest of sacrament meeting was Lowti running around up on the stand, all through the congregation and basically being very distractive. I could tell that some people were a little annoyed with him and that his mom was very stressed. I dont have much time but I just want to say that children under the age of 8 CANNOT sin. He is not accountable for his actions but we are for ours. If we are paying atention and thinking badly about a child who is running around in church and the mom isnt doing a great job making sure he sits and listens like everybody wants there kids to do, we are in the wrong. Not the child. I fear that she might not want to come back to church because of how her son acted in sacrament meeting and I pray that she doesnt worry about it. I made sure to tell her after the meeting to not worry about it and that the Lord wants children in the church no matter how they act. There are numerous examples in the BoM of God saying that he loves children and that they are perfect. I cant say anymore But I also know that children are a light and a love in this world and I am grateful to have little kids in church. I love you all very much and thankyou for all your love and prayers!!!!!


Love Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment