Monday, March 17, 2014

Elder Joseph Anderson's Latest Letter from Corrientes, Argentina--yes, he was transferred

Alrighty so on wednesday we had transfers and I got moved...to the biggest city in our mission. Yeah kinda a big change. The city I am in right now is called Corrientes and the area I am in has had about 5 baptisms in 6 or 7 years. Our area is right in the heart of college town and has a ton of students and apartments for students. At night we go to sleep to blasting music and people practicing  guitars and singing. haha  Its just sooo crazy how different everything is here just three hours from where I was. And I got a new companion named Elder Bingham from Brigham City Utah straight out of highschool. He is pretty freaking awesome. Super Excited, alsways in a good mood and really funny. This is probably one of the hardest areas in the entire mission but I feel that Elder Bingham and I are going to have success. We have tracted a lot and every single person here is catholic and won`t even let us talk to them for 2 minutes. Very challenging. I have already gotten frustrated a few times but I know that there are prepared people out there waiting for us. Our branch is really small, we have about 20 active members every week but I still feel the same confort and peace in church that I have always felt on my mission. basically all that has happened since I got transfered on wednesday is we have been lost...a lot. AND...on sunday we had a BAPTISM!!! haha yeah his name is Cristian and he is an 18 year old student who I didnt meet until the morning of the baptism on sunday because he coulnt do it on saturday. My companion and the Elder who was here before me had been teaching him for a while and he is a really great guy. It was so exciting to see how happy he was after his baptism and after church he met with the Branch President and they told us he is going to prepare to go on a mission in a year. 

Different city, different culture, different weather, different economy, different companion....but really its all still the same. Same teachings, same happiness, same joy, same feelings of love from our Father in Heaven, same purpose and outcome in the work of the Lord. I am so happy to be a representative of Jesus Christ and I know that there are hard days but the Lord is always there to pick us up and brush us off. He has done it for me a ton of times in just 5 days. My companion and I are going to be obedient, work our tales off, and listen to the inspiracion from the Lord and by doing all that we can to be better servants of the Lord every day. And if we do that, we don`t have to worry and be stressed about how many lessions we get in a day or what the outcome is everyweek we can have confidence that the Lord will take care of the rest. Well that`s all I got for this week. I hope you all have a wonderful week!!!!!! Nos Vemos chow chow

No comments:

Post a Comment