Monday, March 17, 2014

Elder Jacob Anderson's Latest Letter from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

So every transfer i have decided that I will work on a different Christ like Attribute. I would like to tell you a little bit about my experience.. The first transfer I worked on patience. When I originally realized I need more patience these where my thoughts. "I guess i will have a really annoying companion and I will need patience's with him..."  After just a few days I realized that this was not the case of all. I need more patience firstly with God and then my self... My second transfer I decided to work on being
100 percent obedient. Which is a bit difficult. The church has made a manual of rules, My mission president has his own even more strict set of rules, Zone Leaders have "Rules," District Leaders have "Rules,"
and every mission i have talked to has a different understanding of rules. I will not choice which rules i follow but i will follow them all which exactness. Now let me tell you about my experience this morning. Before we hear about new transfers we have personal study before hand. During this time I spend time studying the attributes of Christ. In preach my Gospel it even has a test you can take that helps you evaluate your self and how your doing with each Christ like attribute. I always score the worst in humility... But this morning as i was studying I came to the conclusion I needed to work on Love and Charity. It just seemed like the thing i need to work. I thought this will deff be a good thing a work on. I am always telling my companion "you need to love the people we talk to! Everything they say is interesting." I guess I too better love the people here more. After personal study we have companion ship study. After companion ship study we receive a phone call letting us know when,if, and where we will be transferred. I received the information I will being staying in my beloved area but will being receiving a new companion , Elder Leil (he is brazalian). My DL shares the house with us and immediately after wards he was very disappointed about having this Elder in his district. He was his ZL before this.. This was not the most exciting news. I have to spend the next 6 weeks with this Elder. Then the Zone leaders called becuase they wanted to hear about who is staying and who is leaving. The first zone leader after hearing about my companion started giving me advice telling me how I would need to be the next transfer and in the middle of his sentance his companion (the other
ZL) took the phone and just said "your going need to love your next companion."
Well the lord sure is blessing me with a lot of oppurtuntys to progress and becoming better!

--
And they call me
Elder Anderson

For behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment