Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Elder Joseph Anderson's Latest Letter from Argentina




So this week has been kind of interesting. First of all I am writing today because yesterday was a hollady here and nobody goes to school or works so the President just told us it would be better to just have Pday today.

Anyway last week on wednesday my companion had surgery on his big toe because he had an ingrown tonail. It was super nasty and he couldnt walk so we stayed in the PenciĆ³n (apartment) for all of thursday friday and saturday. It was kina a long week but we got some good studying in. We pretty much just read all day long and pracitced teaching lessons. But on Sunday he was ready to go and we were able to go to church and work on Sunday night.

As of right now we really only have one pregressing investigator and his name in fillyberto. He is really awesome and we are really excited that we found and are teaching him. Today for our district meeting President Heyman and the assistents came to do a practice and help us be better teachers. The practice is they have a bag of all of the seccions from chapter three in preach my gospel (the lessons) and each companionship picks one randomly and then gets two minutes to prepare to teach it to a mock investigator in ten minutes. Then President Heyman tells you what you did well and what you did crappy on. Yeah no pressure. So ofcourse me and my companion got to go first. We did pretty well but i really enjoyed the advice we and all the other misionaries got. First I am going to praise my dad a little bit because he gave me some advice that President Heyman repeated to me pretty much word for word. My first really hard class that I took in highschool was my junior year history college level class. we had to read a lot of books and take a lot of notes and study a lot. Well I asked my dad how I should read and take notes and how I should study (especially if I dont have much time) and he told me that almost always the first declaration or sentence in every section is the most important. Well president Heyman said that exact thing about Preach my gospel. He said the most important thing in every section is the forst sentence unter the topic and if we can only read one thing about the topic thats what it should be. So thank you dad. I also learned a lot more on how to be a better teacher and how to teach the true, simple, and pure doctine of the gospel. I dont have much more time to write but I want to let you all know that I am corking very hard out here and I am trying to be the best teacher, missionary, and servent of god that I can be. I am so grateful for the gospel and all the people in my life that are examples to me and help me very much.


Love Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment