Monday, June 2, 2014

Joe and his companion get punched in the face

Okay so the title of this letter is that we were hit in the face...haha so I´ll tell that story first. Yesterday, while waiting for the bus to go to church with our investigator Reymundo, some big drunk man pull up next to the bus stop and started telling my companion that he was not a real servant of the Lord be cause he was too Lindo (good looking) and because we were dressed too nicely. Well he kept on lecturing us and as he did his enthusiasm...or maybe temper in a better word... got higher and higher. I tried talking to him to get him to calm down but that just made him more "enthusiastic". so he then decided to get out of the car and really give us a talk. He got up into my comps face and started just laying into him. Elder Bingham, my comp, is 18 right out of highschool, loves wieghtlifting, works on a farm with his dad, and doesnt really like to be yelled at in the face haha. So I realized it was time to take action before Elder Bigham lost it and showed this guy the angrier side of a representative of Jesus Christ. I took control and cut in. I introduced myself with authority and explained to him who we were. Here is where the problem comes. When I introduced myself as Elder Anderson I shook his hand nd asked him for his named, he responded that his name was Pedro...Well I accidentally said mucho gusto "perro" which means nice to meet you DOG and that´s not like cool hip language that it means in english. When you call someone an animal like dog or cat or pig or something, it is an insult. So i quickly corrected myself and said Pedro after but by that time it was too late. He lost it. He had in his hand a Jesus Christ passalong card that I had just given him and he took it in his hand, showed it to us both and then with force hit Elder Bigham right in the front of the face with his had that had the card in it then did the same thing to me. Luckily our bus pulled up right after that and Elder Bigham and I just walked away and got on the bus. 

So our investigator was pretty wierded out and Elder Bigham was really pissed off. Just another day on the mish haha. 

CONGRATS TO MY BROTHER JOSHUA FOR GETTING HIS MISSION CALL TO ARIZONA. ABOUT TO HAVE THE BEST TWO YEARS OF HIS LIFE!!!!!!


Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment