Monday, June 9, 2014

Elder Ray Vejnar's latest letter from his mission

Well where do I begin I guess I will start with some of my investigators this week we found a girl named Janell she is only 14 but got her parents permission to be taught by the missionary's she really loves what she is learning Catlyn is another investigator that I love to teach she is from Alabama and has a strong southern accent I don't know if I have already mentioned her but she is getting baptized on the 12 she is almost as excited as me. As for the family we are teaching we have not been able to get in contact with them that is one thing that makes this mission very hard. We have to rely on our investigators to want to talk to us it is so easy for them to just ignore our messages and things like that all they need to do is not look at the message on there computer or phone and boom they have skipped out on a lesson. That is one of the reasons I like to teach Catlyn so much she is always answering us she is the perfect investigator. 
So moving on with the week I had a diabetic Appt. and found out that I am bringing my A1C down a lot and I am only getting better but that was not the best part of that day. When we had finished my Dr. Appt. we went over to the main hospital building and as we here waiting for the shuttle to take us back to the MTC a woman walked up to us at the same moment the shuttle arrived and told us how she had, had a premature baby and the baby was having some problems. She asked us if we would pleas come and give her baby a blessing. I did not know what the baby's condition was, but without hesitation me and my companion told the shuttle driver to wait for us in the parking lot wail we went to give this baby a blessing. As we walked up to the area of the hospital where these premature baby's where being cared for, the woman started explaining to us her concerns, as she did this she began to cry and thank us for being willing to do this for her. We got to the room and because my companion had little to no experience with blessings and I having had the opportunity to give some before my mission, I asked what my companion would feel more comfortable doing, anointing the oil or the actual blessing. He said he wanted to anoint the oil. We where both shaking and very nervous. When my companion finished the anointing I put my two fingers on this baby's head (that could not have been any bigger than a tennis ball.) and started to pray I felt calm inside I knew what I should say and began to say it I do not remember what I said exactly but when I finished I had this feeling that the baby would be ok the spirit I felt in that moment was incredible and it is an experience that I will never forget! 
this experience made me think of how impotent it is to be worthy at all times because as Jeffery R. Hollend says
"young men, you will learn, if you have not already, that in frightening, even perilous moments, your faith and your priesthood will demand the very best of you and the best you can call down from heaven... all priesthood bearers must be instruments in the hand of God, and to be so, you must, as Joshua said, 'sanctify yourselves.' You must be ready and worthy to act."
That was the highlight of this week and I am grateful for this experience and for the priesthood in my life I love you all 
Elder Vejnar     

    

No comments:

Post a Comment