Tuesday, June 17, 2014

First of all I want to wish my dad a happy Father´s day!!!!


First of all I want to wish my dad a happy Father´s day!!!! Thanks for raising me in the gospel of Jesus Christ and teaching me in my youth the eternal truths that bring soo mcuh happiness!! Also happy fathers day to all the other fathers out ther.
Baptism!!!!! Yes that is the big news this week. On Saturday our investigator Raimundo entered into a convenant with the Lord in the waters of baptism. He is an awesome person and will make an awesome member of the church. He is studying to be a doctor and finding the time to teach him often was not an easy thing to do. But with the Lords help NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE! So we are super excited for him and also super excited to find some other prepared people who are ready to accept the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
This week has been a really fast week! We spent a lot of our time preparing for the baptism of Raimundo and also going to the area of the zone leaders so that I could do some baptismal interviews for them. So yeah this week has kinda been a crazy one but definately a great one. Elder Lee and I are working hard everyday to contact a ton of people and talk to as many people as possible in order to try and find more investigators that we can teach. Yesterday we were contacting ( without much success do to Father´s Day and Argentina playing) and we came upon one of the biggest houses in our area. It is literally gigantic!! So I thought "hey what do we have to lose" when a young looking guy came out and attended to us very well, both my companion and I were kind of shocked because the rich people here almost never even attend to us. So we began to talk and he told us that he was Agnostic, which pretty much means he only believes in things that can be scientifically proven and nothing else. Kinda like Steven from nacho libre haha. But he told us he listens to everyone and he has read the entire Bible and nothing or nobody has been able to convince him of anything yet. Well we shared a little bit about our message and how if he really wants to know if God exsists, he will need to show a little bit of faith and kneel down to pray. We also gave him a Book of Mormon and he told us he would read it in like three days. We testified to him of the how the Book of Mormon is one of the ways God has shown evidence of his existence and that he will be able to feel peace and confort when he reads. He wouldnt commit to us coming back to teach him on a specific date because he is too busy with work but I am glad for the opportunity we had to plant a seed. Sometimes on the mission we don´t get to see all of the fruit of the seeds that we plant that may grow later down the road, but I know that for every seed we plant there is a chance for fruit and that motivates me to be a seedplanting Maniac!!!
I love you all very much and I am grateful for all your love and support.


Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment