Monday, June 9, 2014

"Change" and preparations for the World Cup: Jacob Anderson's latest letter from Rio De Janeiro, Brazil




Welll I spent a bunch of time writing an email just to accidental delete it. To be brief. I am in a new area. My companion is Argentina.
I am not sure who speaks Portuguese better. A little scary considering my accent is very strong and people dont always understand what i say I am often repeating things that he says... We are in a new area that has not had missionaries for a year. Our purpose is a little bit differnt then usually. Before we arrived in our are, which is the biggest in the mission, President called me and informed me that we dont not have a house. It is our job to find one. Until we have found and moved into our house this is our only purpose. We will not spend time teaching, finding people to teach or the normal mission thing until we have moved into a house in our area. For the time being we are staying with the LZ.They lived 30 min to 2 hours away from our area depending on traffic. President told we had until Friday to find a house. In short we found a couple of house before Friday and are waiting for him to approve them now. CRAZY PROCESS. Hopefully we will move in to our area sometime this week. For now we will be working with the LZ. They are super cool soo its awesome.
I studied a lot about studying the gospel this week. The spirit of the Lord can open our minds and hearts. But this is only possible when we do our part. We should treat studying the gospel like a test that is more important then any other test in all eternity. I am greatful for all the time i have had to study the gospel and progress i have made!
The Book of Mormon is one incredible book.. Read it and pray about it.
Fast and pray about it until you are absolute sure if it is true.
Which it is.

--
And they call me
Elder Anderson

For behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment