Monday, September 8, 2014

Latest letter from Elder Joseph Anderson


Alrighty so the coolest thing that happened this week was of course our baptism!!!!!!! Man there is nothing better that a wonderful, spiritual baptismal service for someone that is ready to enter into a covenant with our Heavenly Father. The investigator´s name who got baptized is Miguel Angel and he was soooo prepared. Just a golden investigator who understands everything. I only taught him a few times before he got baptized on Saturday because my comp and his old comp are the ones that found him but the spirit that this man has is just extraordinary. The baptismal service went amazing and on Sunday he was confirmed a member of the church and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. He also gave the closing prayer in sacrament meeting and he was as if he had been a member his entire life. Just an amazing experience over all and a great spiritual boost for everyone who participated.
Well in other news this week has been another crazy week. Elder Truman and I are doing two divisions a week with the Elders in our zone and we are just all over the place. Last week I went on divisions with Elder Remund who just got here from the MTC about two weeks ago. He is from somewhere in Utah and he a freaking wiz. He is going to BYU when he gets back and he is going to study electrical engineering. I started out the day getting to know him by talking to him in English but i quickly changed over to Spanish because that way he couldn't make me feel stupid haha.
On Thursday all of the zone leaders went to the office building in Resistencia to have a capacitaciĆ³n from president Franco. The meeting was very very different from the ones that Presidente Heyman did but it was still amazing. One thing he told us is to make sure our investigators understand the commandment and importance of reading in the book of Mormon daily and praying daily. He told us that if our investigators do those two things daily with a sincere heart, they will want to come to church and we wont have to go out and pick them up in the morning on Sunday to bring them to church. Those things are so simple yet soo true. i know that until I started to do those two things every day with a sincere heart I didn't want to go to church and I probably would not have had in not been for my parents
Well I am out of time but I love you all and I didn't want to say this but I will...I will be coming home a year from today ;( I GOTTA GET DOWN TO BUSINESS!!!!!
Elder Anderson


No comments:

Post a Comment