Monday, September 8, 2014

Elder Ray Vejnar's latest letter from his mission


     So this week we where able to get another baptism her name is Gemma lives in England and is really fun to talk to. She has not sent any pictures yet but they should be in my next e mail home. so that was kind of the big news for today at least. 
     earlier this week I I was able to meet John he is new in the ward and the way that he decided to meet with us is to take us out to dinner! Not a lot of people do that in this mission because not a lot of people know that we can do dinners. The catch however is that the person that wants to take us to dinner needs to pick us up and drop us off at the MTC, because we only have cars on Saturday (our p day) and Sunday. and those days usually do not work for dinners. But John pulled through! he picked us up and took us to Panda Express I have not been there in a wile now so I really enjoyed it. Also one of my companions Elder Heslop had never had Panda before and it was a little to much food for him but he did like it. I always love being a part of someones first time food experiences! I don't know why but it is fun to watch there reactions to new food. Yeah so John really made the week better that is for sure! I don't know why all my good experiences have been with food this last week but I was introduced to a new place to eat by Elder Fairborn this last week called Rancoredos they make the best breakfast burritos ever! Elder Fairborn and I are becoming better friends as the days go by we both worked in construction and we both have a lot of Dr. appointments he goes to physical therapy its a long story... but the end result is because I am the most able bodied I often get elected to go with people to there Dr. appointments. I really do not mind at all because when I am out I can talk to people face to face all the time! and I get a brake from the computer and the office. I also had a Dr. appointment this last week and there is good news and bad news the good news is my A1c for those of you out there that know what that is has dropped to 8.3 so still improving! the bad new is I now see a new Dr. so I feel like I am starting all over again we will see how this goes.
     finally this week I have been studding the "effective study" section in Preach My Gospel" if you could not tell from my facebook posts. And I think the coolest thing that I have learned is that going back over things that we have already taken a look at can be a real benefit. the better we know something the easier it is for us to explain what we know. I knew a little about this from school I found that when I knew more about what I was going to present to the class the better my presentation would be. However now that I am on a mission this is much easier to see. For example this week we taught a woman by the name of Wilma from the Philippians before the lesson in companionship study we went over the first lesson again, I felt like I had been teaching that lesson with far less power than we could have been. turns out that that same night we taught Wilma the first lesson! it was amazing how much of a difference the study that morning made! Because of that I know that study is important I know that restudy is even more important! I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that the book of Mormon is the word of God I love this church and I love all you out there have a good week! 

Elder Vejnar           

No comments:

Post a Comment