Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Elder Jacob Anderson Gets Mugged

So my first week with Elder Olsen has been really good!! Elder Olsen is pretty old... He has less then 3 months until he goes home. So we are learning a lot together!!
First of all... We got robbed.. That was pretty interesting.. I have never had a gun pointed at my head. It happened like this.. So this guy on the street asked us for a little bit of money becuase his buspass had broken and he didnt have money to return his house. After talking to him a little bit and decided he wasnt a drug addict and he was telling the truth we started to count the change we had so he could get home. As we were couting the change 5.35 2 teeagers run up to us and wanted started to yell, "Man i got the gun pointed at your head and i going to blow your brains out man." While he was pointing threating us his friend told us he wanted our money. I told them that we were counting money for the bus and we didnt havnt much. He called me crazy and told me to give us his money and started yell somemore how he was going to kill us. So we gave them the maybe 8 heis we had (in change) and they left. I pretty sure it was there first time becuase when i looked the guy in the house who was actually takingour stuffthe guy i felt that he was more scared then us. He was so scared he didnt ask for my watch, they didnt ask for our wallets (with a good amount of money and our cards), he didnt want our bags that had a cameras and he beleived me when i told him we didnt have cellphones.
So pretty much we collectly we have him maybe 10 heis which is less then 5 dollars.. Yeeepp thats what you called spared..
The next day we were crossing the road, we had plently of space but the car that was coming decided to speed up, even when him speeding we only had about a foot or two until we crossed the street. But i guess he didnt like that we crossed in front of him so he tried to hit us.
Literally. My companion was infront of me so it wasnt a problem for him. But he was so close to hitting me that i jumped out of the way and that still wasnt enough. Youknow when a something pass by you so fast and close you can feel the wind. I had the same feeling with the car.. and then the his sideview mirror actually hit my arm. I felt closer to death that time then when I was robbed at gun point the day before.
And finally when me and my comp felt left for dead. So Saturday we decided to do a fast. Which always is a great exp. Except all of our plans afterwards fell through. SO the only thing we did saturday was WALK WALK WALK WALK. So we got home pretty tired. IN short when we got to church on sunday we didnt have lunch. But we were sure that before church ended we would have plans.. By the end of church no one offered to give us lunch. The funny part is the other set of missionarys in our ward had 3 different people that wanted to give them lunch and they were willing to give us lunch. But with the new rules we are not allowed to eat lunch with members in our ward who dont actually live in our area. So we were starting to feel a little left for dead. We literally have nothing to eat in your house on sundays becuase weonly buy food on monday and so by sunday its all gone. We really wanted to just break the rules and eat lunch witha member inthe other missionarys elder. But we didnt and finally about an hour after church ended and almost everyone had left togo home and all hope was gone. we were going to starve to death, literally was the feeling. A return mission decided to ask us if we had plans for lunch, we did and so he gave us lunch and it was awesome!!!!
Yeupp this week was pretty crazy but i had probablythe most spiritually exp of my life. WE have a less active family who is juding mmebers and soo basically i read the last paragraph on the litearlly the first page of the book of mormon and i told them "you are judging members of the church of Jesus Christ, Stop it Now (almost yelling and pounding my fist on the table)". It was really cool to feel the spiritual testify soo strongly of what was said. Both me and my companion talked about it after. It was like our heart getting hit by a train. The member who starts to joke every single we talk about the something spiritualy started to cry.
So i have decided to do everysingle part of preach my gospel. Read Eversingle scritpture and do all the activitys.. IT is awesome.. It really helps you apply things you have learned. I recomened that all of you do it.

The Chuch is true. The book is Blue and i love you!
--
And they call me
Elder Anderson

For behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment