Monday, October 20, 2014

Elder Joseph Anderson's latest letter from Argentina

Yesterday I got to talk to my amazing family por skype and I want to let them know that I love all of them so much. John, it doesnt do you any good to look like just bieber right now because you have to wait until your 16 to date anyway, just dont come down to Argentina anytime soon because the girls will eat you alive. Anna, on the other hand, you should take advantage of the dating opportunity and go on as many dates as possible even with guys you dont like just to get free dinner and see some movies for free. Angela, it looks like you getting taller and taller by the day and my prediction is coming true...that basketball is your easiest way into college for free, so practice! Alisha, I have never seen your hair so long and pretty! I also dont remember you with glasses but your look now is gorgeous! Jordan, I always new you were a sly guy with a quick hand I it makes sense now why, because you are supposed to be a magician. keep up the pracitce and you will be the best magician ever. Mom I am glad you like the new house, it looks pretty dang sweet especially the kitchen. Perfect for when I come back and you have to teach me how to make me all of my favorite foods. ITS NOT A ONE MAN KITCHEN ANYMORE!!! haha. Dad your beard is huge and it makes me remember when you were in Iraq and you sent back pictures of you looking like a straight iraqi. Cant wait to talk to all of you again in two months.

This week Elder Julaj and I worked our buts off and we had to miracles from the Lord yesterday at church. We worked all week finding and teaching people and commiting them to come to church on sunday. On saturday night we were feeling pretty good about quite a few people who we had talked to and who had committed to be at church on Sunday. Well we show up to church on sunday morning after spending an hour and a half going by the house of each person to wake them up and "Animarles" to come to church and none of them came. HOWEVER, two of our recent converts brought there friends to church so we actually had investigators at church. Elder Julaj had made a promise to our zone that if we met a goal for certain number of new investigators found and lessons taught in one week we would have people at church. We had met the goal for both numbers and we know that the Lord blessed us with two miracles.

I know that this church is true and that in it we find true and everlasting happiness. I know that Jesus Christ lives and directs his church daily and that the leaders of the church are called and led by God.

I love you all very much and I´ll talk to you next week!

Elder Anderson (The Argentine) 

No comments:

Post a Comment