Monday, October 6, 2014

Joe's latest letter from Argentina

Last week was a pretty crazy week with district meeting, Consejo de líderes with Presidente Franco, and preparing all of our investigators for conference. My companion and I were all over the place. On thursday Presidente Franco gave a capacitación (i honestly dont know how to say that in english) for all the zone leaders and it was really amazing. For about an hour he just told us about a ton of changes that he is making to the mission and everything that will be happening. Crazy to see how different he is from our last mission president yet they are both equally amazing men in the gospel. After he talked about the mission stuff he instructed us on how to properly conduct a baptismal interview. Last friday I did a baptismal interview and it was by far the hardest one I have ever done. I have never been instucted on how to conduct a baptismal interview i just read everything it said in PME but there are situationes and cercumstances that PME doesnt cover. So while I called Presidente Franco to asked him a few questions about the person who I was interviewing he told me that there are a lot of Elders calling him about situations with Baptismal interviews and asked me if it would be a good idea to talk about it the next thursday. Of course I said yes. After he finished talking to us I leaned to my companion and told him that I needed to have that help a week ago!! The interview was very complicated and I was praying the whole time that the Lord would help me. I didnt do it perfectly but the Lord did help me and in the end everything was wroked out the way it was supposed to be.

General Conference was amazing!! I watched the whole thing in spanish again and even though I still dont understand 100 percent of everything, I understand about 95% and the other 5% I either look up or just guess. I loved hearing the talks in spanish and it definately makes a huge difference for the spanish speaking people. After the chinese guy talked and Elder Christofferson said "Buenos Días" in the micraphone, Everybody in the church got super excited for a second because they thought he was going to give his whole talk in spanish. But he didnt :( Something cool is that Elder Christofferson served in this mission back when it was part of the Rosario mission and served in my area in Corrientes. the same church and everything.

Well I dont have much more time but I am glad that we have a modern day prophet and I enjoyed greatly all of the talks that spoke about President Monson and his calling as our prophet. I dont remember who said it but I love the words that said when we lift our right had to sustain our leaders, we are committing to "seguirles callados" or quitely follow them. We must support and encourage them in their calling and do all that we can to help. Under nooo circumstances are we to critisize or speake poorly about the decisions they make.

I love this church and I know that it is not a church lead by men, but by Jesus Christ himself.


Love Elder Andrson (Joe)

No comments:

Post a Comment