Monday, October 6, 2014

Jacob's latest letter from Rio

So first of all today was transfers. I will be staying in Saracuruna for another six weeks with Elder Olsen. I am pretty excited about that. We have been working really well together and have a ton of people who are just one week away from being baptized!
This week was general conf and it was great. I watched almost all of it in English again. I understood port but its just better watching it in English with all the American missioners. We ended missing the priesthood session. They play it Sunday morning but we were busy trying to take all of our investigators to church so we ended missing it and a little bit of the first session. We will download it and watch it in the house. I was super grateful that we could take 4 people to conf. They stayed for both sessions on Sunday and they all had personal questions that they wanted to receive answers too. All of there questions were answered which is awesome.
So last week on Tuesday i had an interview with the President. He decided to make me the new District Leader, that very day. Friday night I ended doing 6 baptismal interviews. I went there fasting so that I was sure that i could know if these people were ready! I was doing interviews for a little over 3 hours. It was a lot of work. When our Mission President does interviews he starts and 8 am and does ended until after 12 at night sometimes.. I dont know he does it..
My 4 interview I did was with an 9 year old girl named Emily. She probably understood the lessons better and was deff more excited then any other person to be baptized. After the interview I told her that she was good to go.. She was so excited to burst out of her sit and ran to told the missionary who has been teaching her. I didnt even have a chance to say a prayer with her. In her excitement she ended climbing on to her roof and literally jumping off. It was like 9 feet tall. I didnt see her fall or jump. I just heard it. I thought she was dead. The sound was awful. I soon realized that she was not dead but the way she led on the ground was just absolutely terrifying. She had broken something.. Maybe was paralyzed. I felt really weezy and could barely stand. I felt even more weezy after her mom picked her up and asked her to stand. She put weight on one foot but the other looked strange, bent and not right. Me and my companion(Elder Taylor, at the
moment) were sure that it was broken. The girl was screaming and crying... The Mom put her on the bed and left the room frustrated. THe girl needed to go to the hospital. She needed to leave to work. So the hospital was going to have to wait... I was freaking out that this lady was just going to leave her kid. We couldnt take her to the hospital so I was a little freaked out.
We ended up giving her a blessing. As soon as we put our hands on her head she stoped crying. My comp gave did the second part and told her that she would be healed according to her faith. Immediately after words She went to get of the bed. Me and my comp were still freaked out and didnt want her to move but she got up anyway and walked. As if nothing had happened. Her legged looked better so it was really a problem. A few min after she asked us if she had seen a Man in the white robe that had put his hands on her head with us. We had not, our eyes were closed, but we were sure that a miracle had happened.
The Church is true.. We have the authority and power of God!! Go to church weekly and partake of the sacrament. Read the sciptures and apply them!


--
And they call me
Elder Anderson

For behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment