Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Elder Joshua Anderson's latest letter from the Scottsdale AZ mission

This week was about the same as all my other weeks. We are working more with less-actives in the ward. We got to go home teaching with some of the members to their less-active families. 

We had Zone conference this week. That is were our whole zone meets together and the President and Sister Sweeney along with the assistants to the president talked to us. They told us about how the church is about to put out this really cool video. It is called "The Gift", I think. It is a short video that is going to come out on Thanksgiving. It is just about the true meaning of Christmas. It is a really cool video. I guess the church is going to do some HUGE advertising for it. They are going to advertise the video in time square in New York City for a whole month, and on Christmas YouTube will have it as their feature video on the home page. We also have little pass along cards. We have to hand out 10 of these pass-along cards per day and then weekly we have to fill out a report on how many investigators came from handing out the pass-along cards. 

I am also excited to start taking Investigators and less-actives to the Mesa temple lights. My companion said the lights there are amazing. 

We also got to make some homemade pizza this week. My companion worked at Domino's before he come out on his mission so he threw the dough into a perfect circle. We are now going to work on making the perfect tasting crust, then we are going to try to make some sauce.

Transfers are coming up on December 8th. I have been in this area for 3 transfers so there is a pretty good chance that I will be leaving :( I hope that I go up to the mountains. Even though I love this weather, I really want so see some snow for Christmas. 

We have a couple progressing Investigators. We have also been working with a less-active family in the ward and they finally came to church yesterday, so that was really exciting. 

We have zone conference tomorrow and our zone leaders have asked us to give a training on our "focus". We are just going to share about how came up with a plan for our area and hopefully help others come up for a focus for their areas. 

That is about all I can think of for this week. I know I don't bear my testimony very much in my emails. But I know that this church is true and that it truly can bless our lives. Through the Atonement we can progress and God does have a plan for each of us! 


- Elder Joshua Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment