Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Elder Jacob Anderson's latest letter from the Rio mission

So this week was literally just crazy.. I dont even know where to start. The week just flew byyyyyyyy.. We have some crazyy crazzy investigators... Even crazy ward... and everyday is a new adventure..
Basically the missionaries that have passed by this area were/are a lot more dedicated then the members. They have over 700 registered members and about 100 people show up to church every week.. The ward is just huge... I have a pedometer that my last comp left with me when he went home. We walk over 8 miles everyday... One day we walked 17...
I hope my shoes will make it!! I think we could spend over six hours walking from one end to the other in our area.. My comp keeps telling me that we are going to start working with our brain and not our feet but for now we have been working with my feet. I try pretty hard to just do what he says. He is pretty funny and just has a ton of energy..
This week taught a lesson on Brazilian radio station. I taught a pastor inside of his church about the Book of Mormon. He is the Father of a member and we have permission. Did an unplanned division that lasted 3 days. I had to wash my clothes before i went to sleep for the next day and buy a new toothbrush.
But probably the coolest thing was a lesson I had with an Eternal Investigator. She is struggling with making a commitment and being baptizing. One time when she went to church she heard angles singing and she said it was the most beautiful thing she has ever hear. She is still doubting. So a spent a few min telling her about all the miracles that have happened during my mission. It was really cool to realize all of the extremely crazy things that have happened. Probably the coolest was my last baptism. Bruno said a prayer before he left his house that God would show him "the way." When he saw us in the street he said we glowed like the sun and he knew he needed to talk to us. When we talked to his wife a few days later. She told us that we looked like angels. She had a dream a few nights before she had met us and me and my comp were in it. In the dream she was told to do everything that we told her too.
After I told this investigator about all these crazy things that happened through the mission i realized that almost of the people who had a out of this world exp were not baptized. It was all the people who just had simple exp of prayer reading and going to church.
Sometimes we look for miracles when its the small and simple things that give us the answers that we need. Read the scriptures. The Book of Mormon is just unreal. A miracle from God that is physical proof.
Read, Pray daily and go to church.Day by day repetence is how we get better!
--
And they call me
Elder Anderson

For behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment