Monday, February 3, 2014



On Saturday we had another baptism and it was pretty awesome. We have been teaching this person for a really long time and she was so ready to get baptized. This week we had transfers and I found out that I am going to be staying here for at least one more transfer with my companion. I am pretty excited but he is a little down just because our area is the smallest in the entire mission and also really difficult. We have the second largest catholic chapel in Formosa city in our area called the divino niƱo. So everybody pretty much is a member of this church and it is pretty hard to teach people sometimes. But there are still people that we can teach and if nothing else, there are quite a few inactive members in our area that we are in the process of helping come back to church. I´m not going to lie mission life is pretty darn hard, but when we are at our weakest is when the Lord can help us the most. I keep trying everyday to work with all my heart, might, mind, and strength so that I can stand blamess before God at the last day. I am not anywhere near perfect but I know that the Lord forgives me for my faults as long as I repent and keep moving forward always trying to do better. One of the things that is really hard out here is keeping the recent converts to the church active. So my companion and I are working on getting the members involved more. The three things that President Hinckley said are key for members to stay active in the church is first a member friend, a calling, and the nurture of the good word of god.

Sorry I dont have much more time to write and my letters are always so short, but I know that every soul is great in the eyes of God. I love the opportunity that I have to bring people unto Christ by helping them recieve the restored gospel. I know that I am not perfect and that sometimes I want to beat myself up a lof because I make mistakes but the scriptures tell us that the way to repent is to confess the sin and to forsake the sin. As long as we confess our sins shortcomings to our father in heaven and promise to try our best to forsake them (and really try our best to forsake them) God have mercy upon us and help us press forward with faith. We shouldn´t beat ourselves up over our mistakes because it doesn´t do anybody any good. We should realize them, confess them, and try our best to stop doing them. Our sincerity in repentance is based on our determination to stop doing what we know is wrong, not beating ourselves up about it and feeling really really really sorry. God knows that if we are truly sorry we will stop making the same mistake. And he also knows that it might take thousands of times of trying but he promises us help and mercy though diligence in the gospel. I am so greatful for repentance and the chance I have to humble myself before the Lord and ask for his help´as I try my best to forsake my sins or mistakes and press forward with steadfast faith in Chist. Don´t beat yourselves up over mistakes, just confess them and forsake them with faith in the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
I love all of you very much and I am greatful for all your love and prayers. 
Until Next week


Love Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment