Monday, January 27, 2014

First of all I am sorry if you email me and i do not respond. I do read all of them though and i really appreciate it... I need more time!! We are only supposed to use email for one hour and this is not enough time! So very much happens in one week I don't ever know where to start...
I guess i should tell you about something pretty funny that happened.. There is some great Grandparents (alfred and bernedetch?) in our ward that we visit a lot.. There son, Jaffrey, visited for 1 week during Christmas and we taught him (he is not a member). We meet with another one of there sons, Luciany who is a member but less active. We eat lunch with there daughter every once and awhile. We have been meeting alot with there grandson Roan who is the son of Jaffrey and a member, he has a kid. He is very response to the spirit and I think he really wants to be good but he doesn't have a friend group in the church. We helped him attend this past Sunday but he wouldn't come into the Sacramento meeting room because he said he was ashamed. Early this week we met the girl friend of Roan. We were at the store alfredo owns. Its like a garage that he sells soda, hamburgers and candy out of. When ever we stop by they feed us a hamburger. While we were waiting Roan and his girlfriend came by. She was very pretty and I so joking/seriously told Roan i needed to speak with her... I was going to baptise her for him. When can I teach her. He laughed and told me to ask her. He left her at the store and left to go do something. Well his was gone I taught her the first lesson. It felt good because my companion was talking with Alfred and Bernidetch so i pretty much completely taught the restoration by my self. Except when she had questions about the priesthood, apostasy, and Joseph smith. Then my companion had to explain.. When Roan got back i asked him to share his testimony of the restoration and he said a prayer for us. Then I made them make a date together when we could return and teach both of them.. They decided friday night would be good and we would teach them in Alfreds house. Roan basically lives there. Friday when were walking to Alfreds house I saw a girl that i thougtht was Roans girl friend. It took me a few seconds to convince my companion that it her because she was walking away from Alfreds house. We ran up to her and talked to her and explained to her that she was walking the wrong way! She was very shocked and told us she was confused... As we walked to the house i tried to talk to her and make conversation ( my companion doesn't like talking to girls he says he cant feel the spirit when he does... ). This can be very difficult since i cannot fully communicate. I explained to her that i like Roan he is very cool and so is his dad and grandparents. She responded by says he likes him to!! but....... I didn't understand after she said but and didn't want to be a counselor in there relationship so i didn't really try I just changed the conversation. When we arrived at the house she stood like 4 feet away from the door and didn't really want to go in. Roan was very very surprised to see us there and even more surprised to see his .. x girl friend there. He had broken up with here that day. Luciany invited us all in and told us to go look at his new car he was working on. So we all went in when we started looking at the car roan and his girl friend left to talk. I at this point still didn't entirely understand what was going on.. So i was trying to rush my companion. We didn't have a lot of time left in the day and i wanted to teach them. I guess while they left Roan decided that iwas okay that she came over and they we could have the lesson. The lesson ended up being entirely for Roan.. But it wasn't until we started walking back to the house that my companion explained to me all the happened. Awkward... We called the next day and i don't think we will be teaching her again..
So let me tell you about a very stressful experience that happened this week! We were headed home and we decided that we need some food so went to the store and bought a few things to last us until p day.. When we got back to the house and started planning I realized that i had lost 40heis... Which is a lot of money for me considering we only get 120.. I was very sad, angry disappointed and just had all kinds of emotions going through my body. I wanted to know why would God let this happen to me... I am a missionary I am supposed to be bless. I do not lose things.. Why would he let me lose 1/3 of my money. I told my companion that I could not finish planning for tomorrow i was to distracted. I just wanted to take a shower and go to bed. I was so unhappy i did not even want to pray that night...! How was I supposed to make it 2 weeks with out 40 heis not to mention the day before i had bought a pair of fake Oakley for 10 hies in the street. That had already set me back and now I was 50 heis set back. But we i was showering I wanted to look back at this experience and know that i did that right thing. So instead of turning my back to Christ in my afflictions i would run to him in my affliction. After I got done showering I would apologize to my companion for not having my mind in the right place when we were trying to plan and i would get on my knees and pray! I was still pretty disappointed after this but I would let this affect my work the next day. I would think about the task at hand. It wasn't until that next day on the walk home did I have a huge realization. We had a terrible that day. Everything fell through it was hot and I walked at least 12 miles. But I as I was walking home I realized I was happy. We had a bad day but the Lord would take care of us. I thought of King Benjamin when he was addressing his people. Mosiah 2: 41. Material matters of this world do not matter The lord will bless us, temporally and spiritually for keeping the commandments. We do not need to worry. I lost 40 heis no big deal. The lord will bless me and i will be just fine. The scriptures say over and over keep the commandments and you will prosper. This also helped me with keeping my mind in the right place. I have been trying really hard to think of after the mission and only thinking about the task at hand. This really helped because i know that after my mission doesnt matter because the lord will take care of me! So only think of the things at hand today... Out of time!

 KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS. DO THE WILL OF GOD AND YOU WILL BE BLESSED.

--
And they call me
Elder Anderson
For behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ 

No comments:

Post a Comment