Monday, January 20, 2014

Elder Joseph Anderson's Mission Letter



Not a whole ton has happened this week. I ate cow stomach soup which was pretty interesting... My companion and I are working in probably one of, if not the smallest area in the entire mission. We have an area I think about one fifth the size of a usually area and it is kind of difficult. We are looking everyday for new people to teach but are not finding very many. Right now we are cleaning up our area book by going and visiting some of the really old names we have. Some of the people we visit recieved the missionaries ten years ago!. 
We have found and are working with a few people that recieved the lessons before but not many of them are progressing. Most of them tell us they like having us come over and talk to them about the word of God but they don`t want to read or pray or go to church because they are catholic. On saturday we had a very spiritual lesson with three different investigators. One investigator we have been teaching for almost two months and she loves everything that we share with her. The only problem is that she can be very hard to find sometimes. So we found her last night at around 9:00 and because she has recieved all of the lessons already and is fully prepared for baptism we decided to show her the Restoration video with her family. Her kids loved it and even one of the boys who lives next to her came over and watched it with us. She told us after the video that she wanted all of her friends and family to see the video. It was an amazing experience. So we talked to her about gong to church the next moring with us and she said everything was all good. So yesterday morning I woke up to a text message at 6:30 in the morning from someone else that we had made plans with to go to church telling us that she didnt sleep at all and that she wasn´t going to be able to come to church. Then I saw that we had another text message from the investigator that we have been teaching for two or so months telling us that she wasn`t going to be able to go to church either. My heart was crushed. My companion and I had been working hard all week to get our investigators to come to church and I woke up to two of them telling us they couldn`t. I prayed and prayed for confort that morning because I was honestly just crushed. I didn`t know what we had done wrong. Soon after we left the apartment to pick up another investigator to go to church I felt a sense of peace and comfort. God answered my prayers and gave me the comfort that I asked for. Those three hours in church were amazing for me. I felt so calm and relaxed. I am so grateful fore the Lord answering my prayers and giving me comfort. I know that sometimes in the moment things can be devistating but life moves on and the Lord is always there to comfort us and let us know that everything is going to be okay. Many times in life we have to just forget what happened yesterday and move on to tomorrow with a positive attitude. I have such a strong testimony that the Lord answers my prayers and that he will always give us comfort if we asked in faith. This life has its diffuculties, but the Lords gives us what we need to get passed our trials and move on to the next day. If we read in the scriptures everyday and say our prayers everyday and keep do everything else the lord commands, we are promised to have him with us. Thank you all for all of your prayers and everything that you do for me and my family.


Love Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment