Monday, January 27, 2014

Elder Joseph Anderson's Latest Letter From Argentina




So a ton happened this week and it was overall a very tough and stressful week but I did get my first baptism. I have baptised other people for sister missionaries and stuff but this week one of the investigators that my old companion and I found and began teaching got baptised

Her name is Carmen  MiƱo and she is 37 years old. We found her just contacting and we have been teaching her for over a month now. Last week we set her baptism date for saturday because she had beed to church three times. So on friday she had her interview and everything went perfect. Then we made plans to go by and pick her up at 4:oo the next day to go to her baptism. Well on saturday we called her in the morning to make sure everything was okay for 4:00 and she told us that she was working on her house in another area (she is in the process of building her own house and moving into it) but that she would be back by 4:00 to come with us. Well we get to her house at 4:00 and her dad tells us that she hasn´t come back yet. Oh and the baptismal service started at 5:00. So we waited...and waited...and waited...and called but aparently her phone had broken. We waited until 6:00 until she finally got there and those two hours were some of the most stressful depressed hours of my life. Well when she finally got there we called the zone leaders and the bishop who were at the baptismal service because three other people were getting baptised and the zone leaders and the bishop told us that the service was over and the only thing we could do was try to do it in the morning on Sunday. So we made plans with Carmen to pick her up early in the morning on sunday to go to the church and be baptised. She was still excited. We then taked to her friend who lives across the street (who we have a baptismal date set for this saturday) and asked her if she wanted to come with us. She said yes and we made plans with her to pick her up early in the morning aswell. Well my companion and I woke up at 6:00 in the morning on Sunday went and picked up Carmen, Her friend Norma (and her nephew who we are also teaching) and two of Normas kids. We got to the church, I changed into my white clothes and Carmen changed into hers, we took a couple pictures, and started the baptismal service. The only people that were there we my companion and I, the bishop and his wife, a friend of the bishop´s wife, and Norma and her nephew and two kids. It was a small and simple baptism but still very special. I know that serving a mission is hard sometimes but when you get to see just how much the gospel changes peoples lives and how they can be so much more happy and blessed with the teaching and principles that we have, I wouldn´t rather be anywhere else in the world. I know without a doubt in my heart that this is the true church of Jesus Christ restored once again on the earth by a prophet of God named Joseph Smith. I know that true and everlasting happiness and understanding is found in the teachings that we have. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and if nothing else it brings comfort and peace when we read it. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that he is the Savior and Redeemer of the world, and that salvation comes only through his great and everlasting atonement for us. I know that God knows and loves every single one of us with a ¨perfect love¨ that we can´t undertand. I am so grateful to be a missionary of the Lord and be able to share his message. I love all of you very much and I am grateful for all your love, prayers, and support. Until next week.


Love Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment